Tuesday, April 9, 2013

Heel plate protector -DIY

Lots of reports about the versys 1000 heel plates getting scratched up by riding boots, etc. I have been looking around for a cheaper alternate solution instead of the kawasaki custom cut protectors going for about £20  excluding shipping cost.
As an altrenative solution in protecting the bikes heel plates from boot mark or scratches, I tried using the ladies shoe heel gel pads.
Yes as funny it may sound so far its been doing its job in keeping the heel plates clean. I am not too sure how long it last before it either peels or drops off in our tropical weather, but for MYR14 bucks I aint going to be loosing any sleep over it ;)
So you are planning to try this alternative solution, I hope you can send me some feedback if it work for you.
By the I am using the scholl heel pads.

No comments:

Post a Comment